Article 1: General Provisions
Article 2: Types and Methods of Personal Information Collected
- Name, phone number, address, email address
Article 3: Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
2) However, we do not collect sensitive personal information (race, ethnicity, ideas/beliefs, place of birth, location of family register, political affiliation, criminal records, health, sexuality, etc.) that may risk violating a customer's basic rights.
Article 4: Use, Provision, and Sharing of Personal Information
2) In the following cases, we may provide personal information without consent in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. - Execution of contract regarding provision of service. - If stipulated by the terms of relevant laws and regulations, or if requested by a law enforcement agency for investigative purposesin accordance with the procedures and methods prescribed by law. - If provided for statistical or academic or market research purposes by first processing personal information in a manner in which a specific individual cannot be identified.
Article 5: Retention, Usage Period, and Destruction of Personal Information
2) However, such information shall be retained for a certain period of time if required for the verification of trade-related rights and obligations or by the Commercial Act, other relevant laws and regulations, or internal policies as follows: ※ Retention of information pursuant to relevant laws and regulations (Commercial Act, Framework Act on National Taxes, Corporate Tax Act, Uniform Electronic Transactions Act, etc.).
3) Destruction Procedures and Methods
The personal information of customers shall be moved to a separate database after their purpose has been achieved, and such information shall be destroyed after a certain period of retention in accordance with internal information protection policies or other relevant laws and regulations (see 'Period of Retention and Use'). Except in cases where applicable by law, personal information shall not be used for any purpose other than retention. - Methods
Personal information printed on paper shall be shredded or incinerated. Personal information stored in electronic files shall be destroyed in a manner in which restoration or recovery is impossible
Article 6: Rights and Obligations of Users and Legal Representatives and the Exercising Thereof
2) If a customer requests the correction of errors in personal information, the respective information shall not be used or provided until appropriate measures have been completed. Furthermore, if incorrect personal information has been provided to a third party, the results of the correction shall be immediately notified to the respective party to ensure that corrective measures are implemented.
3) Deletion of personal information requested by a customer shall be processed as specified in relevant laws and regulations within the period of retention and use for which Samsung Techwin collects said information. In addition, such information shall be prohibited from inspection or use for any other purpose.
4) To avoid possible incidents, be sure to enter the most current personal information without error. Incidents that occur due to a customer entering incorrect information shall be the responsibility of the respective customer. Identity theft or entering of false information may lead to membership termination.
5) With the right to receive protection of personal information, customers have an obligation to protect themselves and not infringe on the information of other people. Be careful not to leak your own personal information or damage the information of others. Failure to fulfill such responsibilities and undermining of the privacy and dignity of others may be punishable according to relevant laws and regulations.
6) Personal Information of Minors
- As a rule, Samsung Techwin does not collect the personal information of customers whom are minors.
- If the personal information of minors is collected due to unavoidable reasons in processing payments or delivering products, prior consent of the customer's legal representative shall be obtained and such information shall be destroyed without delay upon the completion of relevant tasks. Furthermore, said information shall be strictly managed while such tasks are in progress.
Article 7: Privacy Officers
|Chief Privacy Officer||Junior Privacy Officer|
|Department||Human Resources||Human Resources|
|Rank||Executive Director||Head of Department|
|Name||Chun-ryeol Bae||Ho-myeong Ma|
- Privacy Complaint Center (www.118.or.kr - 118)
- Online Privacy Association Certification Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr - 02-580
- Supreme Prosecutors' Office
- Advanced Crime Investigations (www.spo.go.kr - 02-3480-2000)
- Korean National Police Agency - Cyber Bureau (www.ctrc.go.kr - 02-392-0330)
Article 8: Security Measures for the Protection of Personal Information
2) Anti-hacking measures
- Samsung Techwin is committed to preventing the leakage or damage of personal information due to hacking or computer viruses.
- Data is regularly backed up in preparation against possible damage of personal information, and the latest anti-virus programs are used to prevent the leakage or damage of personal information. In addition, personal information is transmitted over networks via encrypted communication.
- A firewall is used to control unauthorized outside access. We are committed to utilizing all available technical resources to systemically ensure information security.
3) Minimization and training of personnel
- Samsung Techwin limits the handling of personal information to personnel directly responsible, assigning separate passwords that are updated periodically. Furthermore, personal information is securely managed via frequent training of responsible parties.
- Transfer of duties with respect to personal information handling is conducted under strict security, and responsibility for privacy incidents is managed clearly in personnel who join/leave the company.
- Computer data storage rooms are set as special protection areas to strictly control access.
4) Privacy protection task force
- Fulfillment of personal information protection and personnel compliance are verified via an in-house privacy protection task force, and immediate corrective action is taken if and when a problem is discovered. However, Samsung Techwin shall not liable for problems due to personal information leaks caused by customer negligence or Internet problems.